Roaster Levels 1 & 2 - SCA Foundation & Intermediate Comprehensive Roasting Course, QUITO, ECUADOR
Class Size Limited To 4 Attendees For Maximum Hands On Training
3 Seats Remaining
9 through 12 May 2023, at Botanica Laboratorio de Cafe - Quito, Ecuador
We will be teaching this class in English and in Spanish.
The Academy of Coffee Excellence's Roaster Levels 1 & 2 - SCA Foundation & Intermediate Comprehensive Roasting Course 4-day, plus assigned pre-course work, comprehensive roaster training course that adds significantly to the scope of and requirements for the SCA Foundation & Intermediate Certificates.
The Roaster Level 1 & 2 Comprehensive Roasting Skills Course establishes the craft of roasting with 4 days of in-depth coursework in the areas of coffee analysis and evaluation via cupping and triangulation, sample roasting and production roasting, production management, green coffee contract basics and roastery safety.
You will practice and build the skills of
- Cupping 2 different sets of sample roasts and select a coffee that is consistent with who you are as a roaster
- Roasting a minimum of 5 sample roasts
- Roasting a minimum of 14 production roasts
- Cupping and calibrating with Q Instructors and Q Assistant Instructors
- Developing a roast profile by moving a coffee from an importer's sample, through flavor potential exploration and into a production roast
Academy of Coffee Excellence Roaster Levels 1 & 2 Course graduates will demonstrate a proficiency with the scientific and technical elements of coffee roasting. You will also demonstrate basic quality control process skills for developing and producing production roasts. This course lays the groundwork for the ongoing development of your career in coffee.
It is important for you to know that educational offerings can vary widely in depth and breadth of instructional content among coffee educators. Always ask for a listing of the skills that you will be developing so that you can accurately compare the educational programming and experience that you will be receiving.
Your registration includes
- Tuition for the training and education
- Academy of Coffee Excellence workbook
- Academy of Coffee Excellence cupping spoon
- Foundation & Intermediate study guides
- Morning coffee & snacks
The SCA Written Exam Fee Is Not Included
Registration cancellation policy